Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
The EFNEP program is a federally-funded program that offers nutrition education to limited-resource parents and children. In California, EFNEP is administered by the University of California Cooperative Extension. EFNEP assists limited-resource clients gain the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and changed behavior necessary to choose nutritionally sound diets and improve well-being.
EFNEP Helps Families...
- Improve their diets
- Know how to handle food safely
- Learn how to save money at the grocery store
- Learn food preparation skills
- Improve infant and child feeding practices
- Learn the importance of physical activity